At SSPI, the health and safety of our staff and community is our top priority. As the global COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, our team has been evaluating the situation closely and following the recommendations from the Nova Scotian government to ensure our staff and community stay safe. Significant measures and protocols were put in place at SSPI as early as February and before any cases were detected in Nova Scotia.
We are currently operating at normal productivity with many strict safety and scheduling practices in place. We are fortunate enough to operate in a province that COVID-19 has been well contained by following public advices. However, we understand our responsibility to make sure this downward trend continues. Therefore, we have implemented the following precautions at the company:
Precautions for Our Team:
- Maintaining social distancing while on-site
- Scheduling virtual meetings rather than in-person
- Implemented strict disinfecting and sanitization schedules and protocols
- Continuously raising the employees’ awareness about the latest development regarding COVID-19 and providing educational material
- Limiting on-site visitors
- Providing resources to staff to encourage individual transportation
- Suspended all international and domestic business travel until further notice
- Instructing employees to stay home, if unwell, and following the public health advices
As mentioned, all the precautions put in place are aimed to limit the spread and exposure of COVID-19 while still being able to contribute to the development of vital drugs being developed for patients. If you have any questions or require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.